Salary: $12.00 – $14.50 an hour
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time Positions Available
We are looking for a dynamic, coffee-loving individual to join our packaging and fulfillment team. This team is responsible for ensuring daily fresh roasted coffee is packaged, packed, and shipped accurately and on time. This role requires an individual who likes to work quickly and efficiently, pushing themselves to complete one task after the next while communicating with the team lead and coworkers to adjust the day’s flow on the fly.
- Ability to solo lift product and materials up to 50 lbs; ability to team lift up to 160 lbs to waist height (green coffee)
- Ability to learn and properly use sensitive filling, grinding, and packaging machinery
- Attention to detail and ability to perform tasks under time constraints
- Desire to work regularly on repetitive tasks such as cleaning, labeling, inventory stocking, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a willingness to take direction and feedback from manager and teammates
- Positive attitude and desire to help create a thriving work culture
- Willingness to roll with the punches of small business — adapting when things do not go according to plan and being a resourceful part of a close-knit team
This role will work from our production facility in the historic redevelopment of downtown Fort Wayne — The Landing. You’ll be joining a small team that is passionately committed to excellence. We are meticulous about the coffees we source and the way that we roast them; we take great pride in efficient, clean, and accurate operations; we work hard to treat customers and coworkers with the respect they deserve. Best of all, we like to have fun while doing it.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Existing love of drinking coffee and/or strong desire to learn about all aspects of the industry — from coffee cultivation to roasting to order fulfillment
- Blue-collar work ethic with a growth mentality (a large portion of the role is rolling up sleeves and getting after it, learning along the way)
- Strong organizational skills and a commitment to keeping workspaces clean and neat
- Experience in manufacturing, packaging, or warehouse type roles
- Strong drive to problem-solve and troubleshoot, gaining new skills through trial and error
- Thrifty, hardy mentality to thrive in a small business environment
- Calm temperament capable of adjusting to stress and constraints